Criminal Justice Research Assignment 2: DVs, IVs, & Relationship
Directions: For each statement below, identify the dependent independent variables. Identify the direction of the relationship (positive or negative) for each statement.
- Kids who are involved in after-school activities are less likely to become involved in gangs.
DV: Involvement in gangs
IV: Kids involved in after-school activities
- People who think police have greater legitimacy are more likely to cooperate with police commands.
DV: Cooperation with police
IV: People who think police have greater legitimacy
- Neighborhoods with high levels of unemployment have higher crime rates than neighborhoods with low levels of unemployment.
DV: Neighbourhoods with low level of unemployment
IV: Neighbourhoods with high level of unemployment
- Every reduction of $1000 in a country’s GDP makes the country 12% more likely to be a source for international human trafficking victims.
DV: International human trafficking victims
IV: Country’s GDP
- The elderly are more likely to be victims of telemarketing fraud than those who are not elderly.
DV: Victims of Telemarketing Fraud
- Students who spend more time studying for a test will achieve a higher grade on the test.
IV: Students who spend time studying