Weekly article summary 2 | Nursing homework help
- Developing a research question and defining the purpose of the study
- Conducting background research to support the hypothesis
- Designing an experimental procedure or survey instrument
- Collecting and analyzing data
- Interpreting results and drawing conclusions
This process can be applied to any type of study , such as quantitative experiments or qualitative surveys . The purpose of the study determines which approaches should be taken when collecting data . For example, a quantitative experiment would involve creating an experimental design in order to test a specific hypothesis , while qualitative surveys involve gathering participant experiences through interviews focus groups .
No matter what type research used , it important develop clear concise research question able provide direction throughout project also guides interpretation results . In this case, summarizing steps outline above can help ascertain whether methodology used aligns purpose desired outcomes .