Week 4 discussion 2 principles of teaching and learning
Example of learning objectives related to a nursing course for each of the six categories of cognitive skills using Bloom’s taxonomy:
- Define the term “pathophysiology” and describe its importance in nursing practice.
- Explain the differences between type 1 and type 2 diabetes mellitus.
- Demonstrate the appropriate technique for administering insulin injections to a patient with type 1 diabetes.
- Analyze the pathophysiological mechanisms underlying the development of heart failure.
- Develop a care plan for a patient with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) that includes interventions to improve respiratory function and prevent exacerbations.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of different pain management strategies for patients with chronic pain and recommend appropriate interventions based on the patient’s response to treatment.
- Great job in developing clear and measurable learning objectives for each category of cognitive skills. The objectives are specific to nursing practice and relevant to the respective level of cognitive skills.
- In the synthesis category, it would be helpful to specify the interventions that could be included in the care plan for the patient with COPD, such as breathing exercises, use of bronchodilators, and smoking cessation counseling.