Disaster recovery plan | Nursing homework help
Disaster Recovery Plan:
Goal: To lessen health disparities and improve access to community services after a disaster in order to ensure the continued well-being of those affected.
1. Quickly assess the physical & mental state of those affected by the disaster & distribute needed medical supplies/vital resources.
2. Provide efficient access to primary care physicians, specialists, mental health counselors & other community services for both immediate relief as well as long-term recovery.
3. Increase collaboration between local government officials, Vila Health System personnel & other organizations involved in relief efforts in order to develop effective strategies for providing aid efficiently & equitably regardless of race/ethnicity or income level (e.g., free transportation if needed). 4. Monitor progress regularly throughout relief efforts so that any barriers preventing equitable access can be quickly identified & addressed accordingly.
• Establish mobile clinics with onsite providers who are prepared to treat minor injuries/illnesses as well fit out survivors with necessary equipment such as wheelchairs or crutches etc…
• Work closely w/ local agencies such as Red Cross or FEMA who have access to financial assistance programs that can help cover housing costs while displaced due to destruction from disaster
• Develop telehealth capabilities allowing patients remote access when traveling back home may not be feasible given destruction limiting their means of transport (planes, trains etc…)
• Utilize virtual platforms where patients can interact with healthcare practitioners directly through video conference calls instead of having office visits (e-visits)
• Partner up w/other healthcare facilities in area that may provide additional support such as specialty care which Vila Health cannot offer currently.
I – Introduction
(a) Purpose of presentation – explain why it is important for us all come together and discuss this plan immediately following a natural disaster (b) Introduce main components of Disaster Recovery Plan – Goals, Objectives, Strategies
II – Assessing Physical Needs After a Disasters
(a) Overview what happens during initial response period following disasters – assessing medical needs on site using mobile clinics & distributing supplies.(b).Explain importance of monitoring those affected’s physical condition regularly over long term.(c) Describe how telehealth capabilities could help facilitate travel issues due limited means available post disaster .(d).Discuss benefits virtual platforms offer in terms maintaining continuity care while also saving time money.
III – Accessing Community Services After Disaster Strikes
(a).Describe different types resources available survivors when returning home.(b).Outline steps should taken ensure these processes go smoothly transition back into normalcy.(c.)Discuss ways we working together various organization make sure everyone has equal opportunity receive assistance they need stay safe.
.IV – Increasing Collaboration During Relief Efforts< Br>(a.)Highlight collaborative efforts already taking place between city officials ,Vila Health personnel other organizations involved delivering aid efficiently equitably regardless factors like race ethnicity income level .(b.)Talk about collaborations must continue move forward even after immediate crisis averted so reconstruction process goes smoothly .(c.). Outline our suggestions moving forward partnerships set up among public private sectors reduce gaps coverage caused upheaval resulting from disasters. Conclusion : Summarize main points covered performance review review possible solutions proposed further discussion .