Leininger and watson | Nursing homework help
When considering Mrs. Franklin-Jones’s story, Nurse Hernandez should take into account the following factors when planning for her discharge according to Leininger’s Culture Care Model:
1) Health beliefs and practices: It is important to understand Mrs. Franklin-Jones’s views on health and any associated practices that may influence her decisions about care or recovery. This information can be used to create more effective educational plans about disease prevention and self-care management for after discharge.
2) Cultural values: Nurse Hernandez must consider how cultural values such as religious beliefs or gender norms could affect the patient’s decision making process when it comes to self-care or seeking medical treatment in the future.
3) Socioeconomic status: Knowing the financial resources available to Mrs. Franklin-Jones will help determine what type of support she might need post-discharge in order maintain a healthy lifestyle.
4) Living arrangements: Considering where Mrs. Franklin-Jones will be living once discharged can provide valuable insight into potential obstacles that may prevent her from recovering properly if left unaddressed, such as access to food or transportation needs.
5) Social roles and family dynamics: Understanding who plays an active role in taking care of Mrs. Franklin Jones and how these people interact with one another is essential for creating a comprehensive plan of care post discharge that takes all parties involved into consideration, especially children if applicable.