Evaluation Title: APA Formatting: You’re the Instructor
Purpose: The purpose of this evaluation is to assess the student’s knowledge and understanding of APA formatting rules and guidelines.
Instructions: As the instructor, you will evaluate a written assignment submitted by the student using APA formatting guidelines. The assignment should be a minimum of two pages in length, with a clear introduction, body, and conclusion. The student should use in-text citations and include a reference page at the end of the document. The assignment should be double-spaced, with one-inch margins, and use Times New Roman font, size 12.
Evaluation Criteria: The evaluation will be based on the following criteria:
- Title Page: The student should include a correctly formatted title page with the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the course name and number, and the instructor’s name.
- Introduction: The introduction should clearly and concisely introduce the topic of the assignment, and provide a clear thesis statement or research question.
- Body: The body of the assignment should provide a detailed discussion of the topic, including relevant research and evidence to support the thesis statement or research question. The student should use in-text citations to correctly cite all sources used.
- Conclusion: The conclusion should summarize the main points of the assignment, and provide a clear and concise conclusion based on the evidence presented in the body.
- Reference Page: The student should include a reference page at the end of the document, listing all sources used in the assignment. The reference page should be correctly formatted according to APA guidelines.
- Overall Formatting: The assignment should be double-spaced, with one-inch margins, and use Times New Roman font, size 12. Headings should be used appropriately to organize the assignment.
Scoring: The evaluation will be scored using a rubric that assesses each of the criteria listed above. The rubric will use a scale of 0-5, with 5 being the highest score.
0 – Criteria not met 1 – Criteria partially met 2 – Criteria met at a basic level 3 – Criteria met at a good level 4 – Criteria met at a very good level 5 – Criteria met at an excellent level
The total score will be out of 30 points (6 criteria x 5 points each). The evaluation will provide feedback on areas of strength and weakness, and identify opportunities for improvement in APA formatting skills.