Research m3l9 | Nursing homework help
- The research hypothesis is that research participants will be less responsive to odors during stages 3 and 4 sleep than during the other stages of sleep.
- The independent variable is the stage of sleep.
- The independent variable is a qualitative variable because it involves categorical distinctions between different stages of sleep.
- The researchers might want to use multiple dependent variables to ensure that the results are not due to chance or to a single measurement. Using multiple dependent variables allows for a more comprehensive and accurate assessment of the effects of the independent variable.
- One limitation of this study is that the use of heart rate as an indicator of odor detection may not be entirely reliable. There are many factors that can influence heart rate, including physical movement during sleep and the participant’s emotional state. Additionally, there may be individual differences in heart rate response that are not accounted for in the study design.