clc – health promotion and community resource teaching project. by
For question 4, you need to present a general profile of at least one health-related organization for the selected focus topic. In this case, the focus topic is diabetes and its impact on pregnancy to the mother and baby. You can choose an organization that focuses on diabetes management during pregnancy or an organization that addresses maternal and child health in general. Some examples of organizations that could be relevant for this topic are:
- American Diabetes Association
- March of Dimes
- National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD)
- The International Association of Diabetes in Pregnancy Study Groups (IADPSG)
For the organization you choose, you should provide a brief description of its mission, goals, and activities related to diabetes and pregnancy. You should also include any relevant statistics or data that demonstrate the organization’s impact on this issue.
For question 5, you need to present two resources, national or local, for the proposed education plan that can be utilized by the provider or the patient. The education plan should be based on evidence-based practice and should address the issue of diabetes and its impact on pregnancy to the mother and baby.
Some resources that could be helpful for this education plan are:
- The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) has a patient education website that includes information on gestational diabetes, diabetes management during pregnancy, and the impact of diabetes on fetal health. This resource is available nationally.
- Local diabetes education programs, such as those offered by hospitals, community health centers, or public health departments, can be valuable resources for pregnant women with diabetes. These programs often provide one-on-one counseling, group classes, and other resources to help women manage their diabetes during pregnancy.
When presenting these resources, be sure to include a brief description of what they offer and how they can be accessed by providers or patients. You should also explain how these resources align with evidence-based approaches to optimizing health for the population at risk. Finally, be sure to cite your sources appropriately using APA formatting guidelines.
I hope this helps! Good luck with your presentation.