As an AI language model, I do not have access to your files. However, I can provide you with a summary of the Workflow Assessment for Health IT Toolkit and how it can be used to improve workflow in your organization.
The Workflow Assessment for Health IT Toolkit provides a comprehensive framework for assessing and redesigning workflows in healthcare organizations. Three key concepts that can help in redesigning workflows are:
- Identify the current workflow: It is essential to identify the current workflow and understand the tasks, activities, and roles involved in it. This can be achieved by mapping the workflow and gathering information from stakeholders. This information can be used to identify inefficiencies and areas for improvement.
- Determine the impact of technology: It is crucial to determine the impact of technology on the workflow. This includes assessing the compatibility of the current workflow with the technology and identifying the need for new technology to improve the workflow.
- Engage stakeholders: Engaging stakeholders is critical to the success of workflow redesign. It is essential to involve all stakeholders, including clinicians, IT staff, and administrators, in the process of workflow redesign.
To apply these concepts, I would start by mapping the current workflow and identifying inefficiencies. Then, I would assess the impact of technology on the workflow and identify areas where technology can be used to improve efficiency. Finally, I would engage stakeholders in the process of redesigning the workflow to ensure that the redesigned workflow meets their needs and is compatible with the technology used.
In addition to the Workflow Assessment for Health IT Toolkit, an article titled “The Impact of Electronic Health Record (EHR) on Workflow and Productivity in the Hospital Setting: A Systematic Review” provides valuable insights into the impact of technology on workflow in healthcare organizations.
To use the information from the article to improve workflow in my organization, I would first assess the impact of our EHR system on workflow and productivity. Then, I would identify areas where the EHR system is causing inefficiencies and work with IT staff to address these issues.
Monitoring the effect of technology on workflow is critical to ensure that the technology is improving efficiency and not causing additional problems. By monitoring the impact of technology on workflow, organizations can identify inefficiencies and address them in a timely manner. This can help improve the quality of care provided to patients and reduce costs associated with inefficient workflows.
- Workflow Assessment for Health IT Toolkit. (2013). Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. Retrieved from https://healthit.ahrq.gov/health-it-tools-and-resources/workflow-assessment-health-it-toolkit.
- Nguyen, L., Bellucci, E., & Nguyen, L. T. (2014). Electronic health records implementation: An evaluation of information system impact and contingency factors. International Journal of Medical Informatics, 83(11), 779-796.
- Goldzweig, C. L., Towfigh, A. A., Paige, N. M., Orshansky, G., Haggstrom, D. A., Beroes, J. M., … & Shekelle, P. G. (2016). Systematic Review: The Impact of Electronic Health Records on Workflow and Productivity in Health Care Settings. Annals of Internal Medicine, 165(2), 97-104.