Concept synthesis paper | Nursing homework help
In this paper, you will be synthesizing the concepts and ideas you have learned in Weeks 1-3 and applying them to your personal nursing philosophy. The paper will be between 4-6 pages, excluding references and appendices. Here is an outline of what your paper should include:
- Nursing Autobiography: In this section, you will discuss your background in nursing, including personal experiences that have shaped your perspective on the profession. You should also describe your current professional role and how it has influenced your decision-making.
- The Four Metaparadigms: Here, you will identify, discuss, and document your perspective on the four metaparadigms of patient, nurse, health, and environment. You should draw upon relevant literature and nursing theorists, including Virginia Henderson’s Nursing Theory, to support your ideas.
- Two Practice-Specific Concepts: In this section, you will identify, discuss, and document at least two concepts specific to your own nursing practice. Again, you should draw upon relevant literature and nursing theorists to support your ideas.
- List of Propositions: In this section, you will provide a numbered list of at least five propositions or assumption statements that clearly connect the concepts described in the previous sections. These propositions should further clarify your use of the conceptual material and demonstrate consistency between concepts.
- Presentation Criteria/Clinical Example: This section should demonstrate your understanding of theoretical principles, clarity, organization, and articulation of ideas, excellent breadth of research effort, and include a clinical example that shows how you incorporate your two practice-specific concepts in your nursing practice.
- Writing Quality: Your paper should be written in a clear, concise, and organized manner, and should demonstrate ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources. You should display accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation, and use APA formatted citations and references with correct structural formatting.