Open a new Word document.
- Set the font to Times New Roman, 12-point.
- Set the margins to 1 inch on all sides.
- Create a header with the page number aligned to the right and a running head aligned to the left.
- Type the title of your paper in bold and centered at the top of the page.
- Double-space the entire document.
- Create a new page with the heading “Abstract” in bold, centered at the top of the page. Type a 150-250 word summary of your paper in block format (no indentation).
- On a new page, create a heading called “Main Body” and begin writing your paper.
- Use in-text citations to cite your sources within the text of your paper. Include the author’s last name, publication year, and page number (if applicable).
- Create a separate page for your references. The heading should be “References” in bold, centered at the top of the page. List your sources in alphabetical order by the author’s last name.
These are the basic steps to set up an APA 7th edition template. For more detailed information, please refer to the APA Publication Manual, 7th edition.