Agenda setting | Nursing homework help.
Clinical practice issue: “Implementation of Electronic Health Record (EHR) system in the organization”
Electronic Health Record (EHR) is a digital record-keeping system that replaces the traditional paper-based method. EHRs contain patient information such as medical history, laboratory results, allergies, and medication information, all of which are easily accessible by authorized personnel within the organization. EHRs have the potential to improve the quality of care, reduce medical errors, and improve population health outcomes. I believe that the implementation of EHRs in our organization is an essential clinical practice issue that should be on the systematic agenda.
- Healthcare Providers: Providers, such as physicians, nurses, and other healthcare professionals, are the primary users of EHRs. They must be knowledgeable and comfortable with the new system’s functions, workflows, and interfaces.
- Patients: EHRs can provide patients with better access to their medical records, which can help them become more involved in their healthcare. Patients should have the ability to view, download, and share their health information with their providers.
- Administrators: Administrators are responsible for implementing and managing EHR systems within the organization. They are responsible for making decisions, setting budgets, and ensuring that EHR systems are meeting the organization’s needs.
- Information Technology (IT) Staff: IT staff plays an essential role in maintaining and troubleshooting EHR systems. They are responsible for ensuring that the system is running smoothly and securely.
Strategies to inform stakeholders and persuade them of the importance of EHR implementation:
- Educate the stakeholders: The organization can provide education and training to healthcare providers, patients, and administrators to ensure they have a comprehensive understanding of EHRs. This training will help them understand the advantages and challenges of EHRs.
- Address concerns: Addressing stakeholders’ concerns, such as data security and confidentiality, is critical to ensure their buy-in.
- Highlight the benefits: EHRs can provide several benefits to the organization and its stakeholders, including improved patient care, reduced medical errors, and increased efficiency.
- Get stakeholder input: Getting feedback from stakeholders can help identify challenges and improve the EHR system’s functionality and usability.
- Develop a pilot program: Developing a pilot program can help stakeholders understand how EHRs work and provide valuable feedback on how to improve the system.
In conclusion, EHRs have the potential to revolutionize healthcare delivery by improving the quality of care and reducing medical errors. Implementing EHRs in our organization is a crucial clinical practice issue that should be on the systematic agenda. To successfully implement EHRs, stakeholders must be educated, and their concerns addressed. Highlighting the benefits of EHRs, obtaining stakeholder feedback, and developing a pilot program can help increase the success of EHR implementation. By doing this, we can ensure that our organization is providing high-quality care to patients, while also meeting regulatory requirements and improving health outcomes.