Executive summary of organizational diversity
1. Increase access to care: Implement initiatives such as telemedicine and walk-in clinics to reduce wait times, expand coverage areas and make healthcare more accessible.
2. Provide more resources to meet patient demand: Invest in technology, tools, and staff training to enhance the ability of physicians and other health professionals to provide timely care for all patients.
3. Create a culture focusing on quality of care: Use data analytics and best practices from healthcare systems around the world to build an evidence-based approach that focuses on delivering high-quality outcomes.
4. Enhance communication between providers and patients: Embrace technology like patient portals, virtual visits, automated appointment reminders, secure messaging platforms etc., which can help improve patient engagement with their healthcare provider(s).
5. Streamline administrative processes: Automate or digitize manual or inefficient processes associated with billing/coding, credentialing, referrals etc., so that providers are able to focus more time on providing direct patient care instead of paperwork/administrative tasks.
6. Foster a culture of collaboration among different teams: Create an environment where doctors and nurses have open dialogue about best practices in order to improve team performance at hospitals or physician offices across the system.