Opioid prescribing, cdc | Nursing homework help
As an APRN, my plan for opioid prescribing would focus on ensuring that opioids are prescribed responsibly and only when truly necessary. Specifically, I would adhere to the following guidelines:
– Take a patient-centered approach to pain management by assessing each individual’s needs and utilizing non-opioid treatments such as physical therapy, massage therapy, acupuncture, or cognitive behavioral therapy whenever possible.
– Follow best practices and evidence-based guidelines when it comes to opioid dosing and duration of treatment.
– Utilize strategies such as urine drug testing or pill counts in order to monitor patients’ compliance with their prescription regimen.
– Monitor patients closely for signs of misuse or abuse of opioids by conducting regular follow up visits and/or communicating with other providers involved in the patient’s care (e.g., primary care physician).
– Educate patients about the risks associated with opioid use in order to ensure they make informed decisions about their medication choices.