The earthquake and tsunami that struck japan
Some backup options to avoid shutdown and delays if a major problem occurs when an IT manager decides to outsource something include:
1. Having a plan in place for the transition from current systems to the outsourced system, including protocols for data migration, testing of new systems, etc.
2. Establishing a relationship with a secondary vendor who can provide similar services if needed in case of emergency
3. Ensuring that all necessary documentation is available and up-to-date so that any issues can be easily identified and resolved quickly
4. Periodically monitoring performance of the vendor to ensure that timelines are being met and quality standards are maintained
5. Investing in redundancies such as redundant servers, cloud storage solutions, or multiple paths of connectivity