Amazon is the leader in online selling. To achieve its long-term success, Amazon uses specific strategies that take advantage of its strengths and exploit its opportunities. This report explores Amazon’s strengths and weaknesses as well as its potential opportunities and risks.
Strengths • Strong infrastructure and technology for information transmission. • Well-established logistics and distribution management.
• Online marketing may be utilized to increase market share and sales. • The firm can concentrate on launching its goods as the primary brand rather than functioning as a third-party organization.
Strategie for Opportunities and Strengths
Strength opportunity strategy ensures that the company capitalizes on existing strengths in order to take advantage of opportunities and gain a competitive edge. Digitalization is the use of current information technology by the company to bridge the digital gap. It may be possible to market the business’s goods and brand (Hassan, et al. 2020). The distribution of products to the target markets is made easier by digitization.
• Amazon’s free delivery services reduce the company’s profit margin.
• Online marketplaces may inhibit the growth of developing markets.
• The surge in cybercrime may hinder Amazon’s capacity to flourish in the online market.
• competition from nearby internet merchants.
The weakness-threats approach
This strategy focuses on reducing the impact of potential future threats and fixing company vulnerabilities. Amazon uses product differentiation and variety to overcome its competitive disadvantages. Amazon creates a huge brand that consumers can identify with by effectively distinguishing its products. It makes it difficult for competitors to copy its products, which decreases the risk of excessive dependency on online marketplaces, which could lead to cybercrime and future rivalry (Majed, 2018). The establishment of actual stores to market this brand helps create desired outcomes in the prevention and elimination of future risks.