Step 1: Product Life Cycle
Read the Product Report for Alikay Naturals Moisturizing Black Soap Shampoo. The Product Report contains important information that will help you to identify where the product stands in the Product Life Cycle and give you clues about what changes customers might like to see.
Respond to Rochelle and her team at Alikay Naturals based on the information in the Product Report.
· Identify where Moisturizing Black Soap Shampoo is currently positioned in the product life cycle.
Underline your selection:
Describe the rationale for your position
Step 2: Product Changes
Based on what you’ve learnedWhat recommendation(s) do you have for Alikay Naturals to improve or replace Moisturizing Black Soap shampoo?
Step 3: New Product Development
Read the New Product Proposal, which contains three examples of possible products that could be developed to replace Moisturizing Black Soap Shampoo. Based on the information in this proposal and the customer feedback in the Product Report:
· If you had to recommend one product, which product would you recommend they create? Underline your selection:
· Organic Bloom Shampoo
· Moisturizing Black Soap Shampoo with Dandruff Control
· Coconut Protein Shampoo and Conditioner
Explain your decision.
· Determine which type of innovation this represents from among the four main types discussed this week. Underline your selection:
· Sustainable (eco-friendly)
Briefly explain why you chose that type of innovation.
Step 4: Production Methods
Based on your understanding of Alikay’s position in the product life cycle and expected sales volume:
· Which production method do you think Alikay is using for the Black Soap Shampoo? Explain your rationale.
· If Alikay chose to keep the Moisturizing Black Soap Shampoo and launch your recommended product as a “limited time only” trial, what production method should Alikay use for the test market product? Why?
Step 5: Real-WORLD APPLICATION
Choose a product at your company or one that you are familiar with that is in the mature stage of the product life cycle. Briefly describe the product, why you believe it is in this phase, and what improvements could be made to change its current path