- Use your Social Work Macro Practice text to read Chapter 4, “Assessing Community and Organizational Problems,” pages 87–115.
The purpose of this assignment is to analyze best practice skills and strategies to address a social services organization or practice problem. You first need to identify a problem at the macro level (larger group, organization, community, et cetera). You then conduct a library search of peer-reviewed articles. Finally, integrate best practice strategies into a plan that addresses the problem.
All reference material must be from peer-reviewed scholarly journals, edited books, official government documents, or reliable agency and organizational reports and documents approved by the instructor. Note that textbooks are not allowed as reference material for this assignment. Additionally, newspapers, Internet sites such as Wikipedia, and other non-peer-reviewed reference materials are not acceptable as references for this assignment. Using these materials as references result in failure of the assignment.
In this assignment, you create a five-page paper identifying a macro-level problem related to a social services organization or practice. Use the Capella University Library and other credible sources. Perform a search for relevant, peer-reviewed articles that have been published in the past five years. You must use a minimum of eight peer-reviewed references in your analysis.
In your paper:
- Describe the problem you have identified.
- Justify the selection by describing why this is a significant problem worth addressing. Provide evidence demonstrating the extent of the problem. Also, describe the impact the problem is having on macro level of practice.
- Summarize and synthesize the peer-reviewed literature related to the identified problem.
- Evaluate relevant theories and models found within the literature. Be sure to explore macro level theories or models related to your chosen problem. In your evaluation, explain the impact these theories and models may have on the identified problem and whether the impact improves or makes the problem worse.
- Analyze and synthesize best practice skills and strategies related to the problem found within the literature. Explore the variety of strategies used to reduce the problem. These strategies could be about social change or about advocacy.
- Combine these strategies and skills into a holistic plan to address the problem, after reviewing the literature.
- Be sure that your plan contains a minimum of three integrated strategies.
- Explain your reasoning using details and peer-reviewed literature.
- Describe which types of strategies best apply to the problem (for example, social change strategies, advocacy strategies, et cetera).
Note: Remember to be as detailed as possible in developing your argument and ideas. Also, include relevant, peer-reviewed APA citations to support your analysis throughout the paper.