i need this in 1 and half hours
Week 7 –
Please solve the following problems. You must show all work for full/partial credit. When complete, attach a typed cover sheet and submit to the assignment drop-box.
1) What is the approximate radius of
2) What is the approximate radius of a nucleus?
(b) Approximately what is the value of A for a nucleus whose radius is 3.0 x 10-15m?
3) Calculate the binding energy per nucleon for a nucleus.
5) Polonium-214 can decay by alpha decay.
a) The product of its decay has how many fewer protons the polonium-214?
b) Write the nuclear equation for this decay.
6) Write the nuclear equation for the decay of ? If there are any alpha, beta or gamma particles created what is their maximum kinetic energy created?
7) Francium-223 ( ) has a half-life of 21.8 min.
a) How many nuclei are initial present in a 25.0 mg sample?
b) How many nuclei are present 1h and 49 min later?
8) What is the activity of a sample of that contains 8.9 x 1022 nuclei?