Human Impacts on the Sustainability of Groundwater
Sustainability is based on this simple principle:
- Everything that is needed for human survival and well-being depends on the environment
- Creates and maintains conditions for humans and nature to exist in harmony
- Helps fulfill the social and economic requirements of present and future generations
Keeping sustainability in mind, address the following in your scientific paper:
- If current human growth stays the same, will groundwater sustainability be impacted?
Using the M.U.S.E. link, review the background information and gather your data.
Review this video for a detailed overview of this assignment: https://breeze.careeredonline.com/p3bwx2hkqdnf/?launcher=false&fcsContent=true&pbMode=normal . Use the Lab 1 worksheet for assignment instructions and data collection.
Environmental Science and Sustainability Lab
Assignment: SCI203 Phase 1 Lab Report
Title: Human Impacts on the Sustainability of Groundwater
Instructions: You will need to write a 1-page lab report using the scientific method to answer the following question:
- If current human development does not change, will groundwater sustainability be affected?
When your lab report is complete – submit it in the classroom.
Part I: Using the time progression of industrialization and human development, fill in the data table below to help you write up your lab report.
Impact to Forest
Part II: Write a 1-page lab report using the following scientific method sections:
- State the purpose of the lab.
- This is an investigation of what is currently known about the question being asked. Use background information from credible references to write a short summary about concepts in the lab. List and cite references in APA style.
- Hypothesis/Predicted Outcome
- A hypothesis is an educated guess. Based on what you have learned and written about in the Introduction, state what you expect to be the results of the lab procedures.
- Summarize the procedures that you used in the lab. The Methods section should also state clearly how data (numbers) were collected during the lab; this will be reported in the Results/Outcome section.
- Provide here any results or data that were generated while doing the lab procedure.
- In this section, state clearly whether you obtained the expected results. Also discuss the results and what you learned from this lab.
- Note: You can use the lab data to help you discuss the results and what you learned.
Provide references in APA format. This includes a reference list and in-text citations for references used in the Introduction section.
Give your paper a title and identify each section as specified above. Although the hypothesis will be a 1-sentence answer, the other sections will need to be paragraphs to adequately explain your experiment.