Case Study 1: Computer Ethics
Due Week 3 and worth 75 points
Read the case from Deccan Herald titled “Hackers holding your PC to ransom”, dated November 25, 2013, located at http://www.deccanherald.com/content/297460/hackers-holding-your-pc-ransom.html.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- Describe two (2) potential computer ethics issues associated with holding computers hostage.
- Propose two (2) methods that computer users could use to prevent this type of attack.
- Propose two (2) governmental legislations that could be enacted against this type of attack.
- Use at least two (2) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Outline why the Information Assurance and Security perspective needs to pervade all aspects of information technology.
- Evaluate the ethical concerns that information technologies raise in society, and the impact of information technologies on crime, terrorism, and war.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in information technology.
- Write clearly and concisely about introductory information technology topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.