The Department of Defense plans to issue a $1,000,000 government contract to a company that specializes in the manufacturing of drone navigation systems. As a result, a government auditor has been contacted to examine the operational data VectorCal and your company in order to decide which company should win the government contract.
Note: You may create and/or make all necessary assumptions needed for the completion of this assignment.
Write a 6–8 page paper in which you:
- Create a 1-page overview of the history of VectorCal and Universal Drones Inc., the companies competing for the government contract.
- The government is deciding on which contact type it will offer. Discuss firm fixed-price and cost reimbursement contracts and what the preferred preference would be for each company when the government decides on a type. Justify the response.
- The government decided that it will offer a firm-fixed price contract for this project. Discuss the expenses in detail for each company. The following should be included in these costs:
- Direct Costs.
- Indirect Costs.
- Suggest which company should be awarded this government contract based on the data that was presented for each company. Next, provide three to five reasons to support your stance.
- Use at least three quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources.