Imagine that you are a music executive and you have just discovered a talented young musician and want to sign this musician to your company’s record label. In a persuasive essay, you will attempt to convince the musician that your record label is the best place for them to work by doing the following:
- You will do this by laying out the benefits your record label offers such as insurance and pay.
- In your unit material, you learned a bit about unions and the benefits they fought to make sure people were provided by their employers.
- Use what you learned in your lessons about these benefits and complete additional research about the kinds of benefits modern businesses give their employees in order to improve your sales pitch to the musician.
- You may model your benefits package after an existing business, but remember to write your explanation of the benefits in your own words.
Complete online research to find examples of how to create your own employee reviews of your music business to help show how these benefits of signing with your record label.
This should be at least 300 words in length.
Imagine that you are a young musician who has just been contacted by a major record label to sign with them. You’ve just received the notice from the executive you’re in contact with about benefits, but they want you to respond with a detailed explanation of the kind of music you intend to bring to the table. Even though you are a young musician, though, your music is very in tune with some serious issues! Specifically, your music covers issues like Imperialism and war.
Using what you have learned about Imperialism and war in this unit, specifically neutrality versus interventionism, you will write a persuasive response to the music executive explaining your position on these issues and how it influences your music. You may take either side of these issues, but make sure to tie the two issues together and provide good details and examples to support your argument.
This should be at least 200 words in length.
Finally, the music executive has received a response from the prospective new musician they are hopeful to sign to their label. The music the artist wants to make can be hard to sell when compared to hip-hop and pop music, but you believe you can do it!
- In 150 words draft a pitch to your company to sign this talented young musician.