Use this movie to answer the following questions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6YvZy_IsZY
- What is the role of religion in the narrative? Why begin with a church scene?
- What is the purpose of reading quotes from Hitler?
- Which wars does the film chronicle in the first part of the film?
- After fighting in Cuba, what “little job” did the Buffalo Soldier Jim do?
- How did the French honor the Black soldiers from WWI?
- What did the Nazis do to the memorials?
- How did Blacks do in the 1936 Olympics in Germany?
- During WWII, who are some of the Black soldiers talked about in the film? What are some of their accomplishments?
- WWII is often seen as a watershed moment for racial politics in the US. Yet, what does the need for a film like this reveal about the reality of race in wartime America?