This integrative assignment requires you to evaluate and critique the various macro components that comprise a network. In your paper be sure to include:
- A comparison of two or more network operating systems and the appropriate criteria for choosing the one appropriate for a specific application.
- A discussion of capacity planning and how failure rates (Mean Time Between Failure) and repair estimates (Mean Time to Repair) factor into the planning process.
- An analysis of how hardware components such as switches, routers, bridges, and multiplexers can be used in capacity planning.
- An assessment of various backup strategies including onsite and offsite.
- An assessment of risks including both physical and software attacks and how these can be managed.
- A discussion of how environmental scanning for new technologies such as IPv6 plays a formative role in network management.
Support your paper with a minimum of (4) scholarly and (4) technical resources. In addition to these specified resources, other appropriate scholarly resources, including older articles, may be included.
Your paper should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts that are presented in the course and provide new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your response should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards. Be sure to adhere to Northcentral University’s Academic Integrity Policy.
Length: 13 pages not including title and reference pages