For this assignment, you must compile an annotated bibliography with 8-10 peer-reviewed, academic sources that you will use to write your final paper. These sources must be from academic journals and cannot be older than 8 years. Please click here (Links to an external site.) for information describing the difference between scholarly and non-scholarly sources. In addition, you can find an example of an APA annotated bibliography by clicking here (Links to an external site.).
Annotated Bibliography Requirements:
- 8 to 10 peer- reviewed sources
- The book for this course would be in addition to your 8-10 peer-reviewed sources
- Your journal articles should not be older than 8 years (1 or 2 sources can be older than 8 years if they are formative to the field of study)
- APA format
- You must submit original work. Turn-it-in is enabled on this assignment.
- The majority of your sources must be new and relate to your established your focus areas in this course.
- If you have prior sources you want to use because they are relevant to concepts in this course you may. However, recycled sources should be less than 30% of your total number of sources. IMPORTANT: If you reuse the source you can use the same summary however, you must update how you are going to apply the information to the paper for this class.
- You must summarize the article AND state how the information pertains to your final paper.
The purpose of the Annotated Bibliography is to explain in your words the article you found and how it relates to your topic. Each source should have a minimum of a paragraph to adequately accomplish the objective. For a short explanation please click on the link below.