This week you will prepare and “give” a presentation on the state of online access to services in a public organization of your choice.
PUBLIC ORGANIZATION IS THE INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE (IRS)
For this assignment, you will choose the public organization to explore. This can be a government department or agency for which you currently work, one which has provided services to you, or one that interests you for any other reasons, including the mission, leadership or societal contribution.. The only requirement is that the organization already delivers goods and/or services via online methods. Explore the website, and develop a PowerPoint presentation that covers the following points:
- The name of the organization-(The IRS…irs.gov)
- A brief description of the organization’s purpose
- What public goods/services are offered by the organization in an online setting?
- Is the website easy to navigate?
- Does the organization offer only web-based goods/services (or is there also a mobile use option)?
- What does the organization do well across the website to promote ease of use?
- What could the organization do better to promote ease of use?
- Overall, what are the pros and cons of utilizing the web to conduct business with the organization?
- Does it appear as though the organization has made a thoughtful effort for the co-existence of e-government and e-governance in its site design?
Incorporate appropriate animations, transitions, and graphics where appropriate as well as “speaker notes” for each slide. The speaker notes may be comprised of brief paragraphs or bulleted lists.
Length: 10-15 slides (with a separate reference slide with a minimum of five (5) scholarly references).
Notes Length: 100-150 words for each slide
Be sure to include citations for quotations and paraphrases with references in APA format and style where appropriate. Save the file as PPT with the correct course code information.
Length: 10-15 slides
References: Include a minimum of 5 scholarly resources