- The Organization’s Response to Change
From the same case that you have chosen for Deliverables 1 to 3, you will advise the CEO on how best to position the organization to be responsive to change in order to take advantage of the strategies you have recommended.
Write a 6–8 page paper in which you:
- Give your opinion as to whether your chosen company’s industry is maturing or declining, based on its evolution history. Justify your answer.
- Use Porter’s National Diamond to evaluate the relative main advantages and disadvantages of vertical integration versus outsourcing for the company. Support your response.
- Use the Boston Consulting Group’s growth-share matrix to evaluate the company’s strategic position as of 2013. Note: Refer to Figure 14.2 “The BCG Growth-share Matrix,” located on page 369, chapter 14 of the textbook.
- Suggest one approach for the CEO to adopt in order to implement the strategies that you recommended in Project Deliverable 3. Include the main changes in decision-making style, main changes in planning structure, and measures of success in your recommendation. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Use at least three quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other similar websites do not qualify as academic resources.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Propose leadership changes in decision-making and planning structure to successfully implement recommended strategic initiatives.
- PEREGRINE ASSESSMENT
What is the Peregrine Exam and why do I have to take it?
At the end of the course, you will complete a program assessment exam called the Peregrine exam. The exam is designed to assess the foundational business knowledge that you have acquired throughout the duration of your program at Strayer. By completing this exam, you are not only evaluating your competency and understanding on each topic you have learned throughout your program, but you are also helping to ensure that Strayer University maintains the highest quality of education in the business programs that we provide to our students.
This exam can be completed in Weeks 9, 10, or 11, but the certificate of completion must be submitted through the “Click here to submit your Peregrine Assessment.“
How will I be graded on this exam?
The Peregrine exam is worth a total of 100 points. However, the score that you receive on your exam does not equate to the score that your instructor will record in your Gradebook. Instead, your instructor will grade you on an adjusted grading scale. Once you complete the exam, you will receive a certificate of completion that you must submit to your instructor through the Peregrine Assessment Exam Certificate Upload Area, located in Week 9, in order for your instructor to provide you with a grade. You are allowed three minutes to answer each question. Any questions not answered within that time limit will be graded as “0” points, so please plan accordingly. Please note that you must complete the entire exam in order to receive your certificate of completion.
Your assessment is graded as follows:
- Objective score on the exam is worth 50% of grade.
- Completion of the exam is worth 50% of grade.
- Click the “Click here to take your Peregrine Assessment” link.
- Enter your Student ID and select your Program.
- Click “Confirm.”
- To take the exam:
- Select the hyperlink under “Thank you, your course/exam is ready,” then “Begin Exam.”
- When finished, save the completion certificate and upload via the Click here to submit your Peregrine Assessment link in Week 9.
For additional information, technical support specific to the Peregrine exam, or answers to some Frequently Asked Questions about the Peregrine Exam, please visit Peregrine’s Technical/Customer Support Website.
Note: If you need to contact Peregrine for technical support, please also keep your instructor informed of the issue or issues you are experiencing.
Peregrine Assessment Exam Submission
Upload your Peregrine Assessment Exam Certificate.
The overall assessment is graded as follows: