Select a piece of federal or state legislation or regulation (passed within the last 3 years) that directly affects a health care organization from the human resources aspect (e.g., Americans With Disabilities Act, Fair Labor Standards Act, Equal Pay Act, sexual harassment law, visas/work permits).
Develop a 10-12-slide PowerPoint presentation describing the legislation/regulation and detailing how it relates to human resources. Address the following within the presentation:
- Describe the federal or state legislation or regulation you selected.
- How does this legislation or regulation effect health care organizations? Does it conflict with another federal or state legislative act? (E.g. protected classes in EEOC regulations in California differ from the federal classes).
- What types of health care organizations are affected? If more than one, explain how each is impacted and if the impact is different based upon the type or size of the organization.
- What are the penalties and fines associated with noncompliance? If they are not specifically listed in the legislation, include the general penalties associated with the enforcement body tasked to uphold the legislation.
- What challenges are associated with this legislation or regulation for the patient, human resources employees, and the health care industry?
- Describe the legal implications of employment documentation in the workplace and in the health care industry.
Include a title slide and speaker notes. Ensure all references are in the speaker notes of the final “Questions” slide in as close to APA format as practical.
Refer to the resource, “Creating Effective PowerPoint Presentations,” located in the Student Success Center, for additional guidance on completing this assignment in the appropriate style.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines,