Consider your organization or another organization with which you are familiar. Briefly describe the organization, and then answer the following questions:
- What do you think is one of the most interesting uses of Business Intelligence (BI) technology by this organization? Why?
- Who benefits from this use and in what ways?
- Are there any downsides?
- Are there any additional BI that you think this organization should consider? Explain.
- As a business manager, how can you effectively utilize BI to better do your job?
Embed course material concepts, principles, and theories, which require supporting citations along with at least two scholarly peer reviewed references supporting your answer. Keep in mind that these scholarly references can be found in the Saudi Digital Library by conducting an advanced search specific to scholarly references.
Use standards and APA style guidelines.
You are required to reply to at least two peer discussion question post answers to this weekly discussion question and/or your instructor’s response to your posting. These post replies need to be substantial and constructive in nature. They should add to the content of the post and evaluate/analyze that post answer. Normal course dialogue doesn’t fulfill these two peer replies but is expected throughout the course. Answering all course questions is also required.
- Chapter 3 in Information Technology for Management: On-Demand Strategies for Performance, Growth, and Sustainability
- Eggert, M., & Alberts, J. (2020). Frontiers of business intelligence and analytics 3.0: a taxonomy-based literature review and research agenda. Business Research, 13(2), 685–739. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40685-020-00108-y
- Al-Barnawi, A., He, Y., Maglaras, L. A., & Janicke, H. (2019). Electronic medical records and risk management in hospitals of Saudi Arabia. Informatics for Health & Social Care, 44(2), 189–203.https://doi.org/10.1080/17538157.2018.1434181