Janet and Johnny Jones own the Little Country Store just outside of town. Their daughter, Johnnie Leigh, has just taken over the management of the store and implemented a new network. The store is located in a heavily visited tourist area, and Johnnie Leigh has noticed that many of the customers visiting the store are from other countries. She would like to capitalize on this aspect of the business by encouraging people visiting from other countries to visit the store’s website prior to traveling to the states or sharing with their friends and family at home after they visit.
Prepare a report explaining what some of the issues are that Johnnie Leigh might encounter when marketing in other countries. (Remember that your response should be related to information systems and computing.)
Prepare an informational report that explains the issues that Johnnie Leigh should consider when considering the global aspects of her network. Your report should address the following topics:
- List at least three effects IT has had on globalization. Remember to define globalization in your response.
- Explain at least two examples that relate to each of the effects of globalization you discussed in response to the preceding question (total of six examples).
- Describe how an understanding of the values and buying habits of different cultures will affect the way Johnnie Leigh uses technology to promote the business to new and diverse customers from other countries.
- Remember to cite your sources! You should use no fewer than three sources in your response.
- Some things you might want to consider in your discussion include
- Creativity and innovation
- Diverse knowledge
- The ability to compete
- Enterprise skills
- Ethical concerns