For the past several years, Shane Banovich has operated a part-time consulting business from his home. As of October 1, 2012, Shane decided to move to rented quarters and to operate the business as a professional corporation, which was to be known as Epic Consulting, on a full-time basis. Epic Consulting entered into the following transactions during October:
AND SO ON………………
1. Journalize each transaction in a two-column journal starting on Page 1, referring to the following chart of accounts in selecting the accounts to be debited and credited.
2. Post the journal to a ledger of four-column accounts.
3. Prepare an unadjusted trial balance.
4. At the end of October, the following adjustment data were assembled. Analyze and use these data to complete parts (5) and (6).
AND SO ON………..
5. Optional: Enter the unadjusted trial balance on an end-of-period spreadsheet (work sheet) and complete the spreadsheet.
6. Journalize and post the adjusting entries. Record the adjusting entries on Page 3 of the journal.
7. Prepare an adjusted trial balance.
8. Prepare an income statement, a retained earnings statement, and a balance sheet.
9. Prepare and post the closing entries. (Income Summary is account #33 in the chart of accounts.) Record the closing entries on Page 4 of the journal. Indicate closed accounts by inserting a line in both the Balance columns opposite the closing entry.
10. Prepare a post-closing trial balance.
Check Figure—- 8. Net Income : $ 23,500