Assignment: Identifying future opportunities and markets for Easy Chairs
In the past year and a half, Dwight and Ike have expanded Easy Chairs (EC) into the Asian Marketplace and increased their online presence to be more globally appealing. They have also sought to keep manufacturing in the United States.. Concerns that Dwight and Ike have about opening manufacturing operations abroad stem from their fear that the quality of the products they make would be lesser than those produced in the US, the culture clash may be too hard to overcome, and that the business would become too large. It is also part of their culture to employ wounded US veterans first. This may be hard to accomplish abroad. Additionally, EC is a small family firm and expanding abroad would make it hard for managers and leaders to keep that “I belong” feel that family embodies.
Dwight and Ike want your thoughts on the subject of expanding manufacturing operations abroad. They would like to receive fresh ideas on the subject. Using a memorandum format, create a two-page memorandum (maximum length) with an answer which considers the following:
- Using the memo template prepare a two-page memorandum to Dwight and Ike on the subject of manufacturing abroad.
- The future of the business environment, technology, and market opportunities for EC’s products. (Topics to discuss: cities vs. rural, where are they likely to be popular? What countries have employees who can operate the machines? Education? Cost of Living? Language etc. wealth distribution) The class material is a good place to start but research online will enhance your response.
- Advantages and disadvantages of manufacturing abroad.
- The role of managers and leaders in business today.
- Support your response with facts, figures, and expert opinions. Dwight and Ike like to see you have done your homework.
- You must use course material to support your responses and APA in-text citations with a reference list.
required reading will be attached. must be used as references