Initial Post, 14 points
Which followership model do you prefer? Explain why.
- Describe how you have seen the four or five different follower types at work or other settings.
- How do Rath and Conchie’s four follower needs relate to follower types?
- Quote/paraphrase and cite specifics from the readings.
Comment on the Dan Pink videos.
- How would Dan Pink’s ideas, in particular, the three areas of motivation, help move you towards the ideal type of follower?
- Quote/paraphrase and cite specifics from the videos.
Comment on the Simon Sinek video.
- How would Simon Sinek’s ideas, in particular, Golden Circle, help move you towards the ideal type of follower?
- Quote/paraphrase and cite specifics from the video.
Provide a Biblical perspective from the assigned passages this week.
Due by Saturday at midnight
PLEASE SITE AND REFER TO:
Read The Text:
- Read the following Bible passages. Think about how this affects you as a follower, team member, and leader. What advice does Paul give to Titus as he embarks on leading the church in Crete?
- Read Pages 79-95 of – Rath & Conchie’s (2008) Strength Based Leadership
Review These Resources:
Read the following articles about followership. Become familiar with the five followership models: Adair, Chaleff, Kellerman, Kelley, and Zaleznik’s. Consider which model you like the best. Think about the different follower types you have encountered, how you have been as a follower, and what type of follower you aspire to become.