CrashCourse. (2012, October 25). Decolonization and nationalism triumphant: Crash course world history #40 [Video file]. Retrieved fromhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_sGTspaF4Y&feature=youtu.be
Crash Course Video: Decolonization and Nationalism
- For the majority of history, before nation-states, how did humans organize hemselves?
- What has made recent decolonization so special compared to the past?
- Why is this a result of WWII?
- What were some of the colonies that were free after WWII?
- What did the new countries have to choose between?
- What was the most famous of the nonviolent decolonization?
- What is Gandhi known for?
- Gandhi believed there could be a unified India that transcended (surpassed) the tension between which two groups?
- After the British left, how was India partitioned (divided)?
- Was this an easy division? Why, or why not?
- What country actually helped Indonesia move toward independence from the Dutch?
- Who was the Khmer Rouge in Cambodia?
- What was a major problem of the Europeans leaving Africa?
- What types of rates have started to change in Africa showing that there has been progress?