Due: Sunday 21 @ 11:59PM
VERY STRICT ASSIGNMENT – DO/FOLLOW AS IT SAYS BELOW!
Read chapter 11 (Book attached), watch and listen to videos:
Discussion Post Question: As the Media Literacy textbook states, people do not typically prefer media messages that are too far removed from their own experiences
- What are the personal implications of this?
- What are the social and cultural implications of this?
Directions for each discussion mini-essay post:
- Think critically about your answers and write thoughtful and insightful sentences.
- Students are expected to: (1) originate their own post AND (2) respond to at least TWO additional classmate’s thread. Make sure you include the other classmate’s FULL NAME when responding.
- Original posts should be 200 words long. Responses to your peers’ posts have no word limit, but to receive full credit you must respond to specific ideas from their original post, not simply indicate that you agree or that you liked it. Good posts should be concise and to the point and should not ramble or deviate from your point. Posts that are way under or way over the word count will result in a loss of points.
- This is not a case of how much you say, but rather how you reason and support your argument.
- Proper grammar, sentence structure, and paragraph-format are required.
- Refrain from just “agreeing” or “liking” your fellow classmate’s response.