Follow these guidelines when completing this assignment.
1) Prepare a PowerPoint presentation with speaker notes between 25 slides, excluding the title and reference slides.
a. Speaker Notes
b. Scholarly writing and APA guidelines should be followed as applicable to PowerPoint slides.
c. Cite sources in APA format in the applicable slides and include the APA formatted reference in your reference list slide(s) ‐ minimum 6 references.
d. Spelling, grammar, and punctuation apply even in bullet points and speaker slides (e.g., quotation marks, italics, verb tense, etc.).
e. Copyright and plagiarism guidelines apply.
2) Topic: Syndromic Surveillance. For that technology, include the following discussions in the presentation:
a. Introduction of Technology and Team – 20 points/8%
• Presentation provides an introduction that:
o Describes the technology
o States a purpose for use of the technology in healthcare
o Establishes the professional tone for the presentation
b. History and Current Use – 30 points/14%
• Describe significant findings that prompted the development of the technology.
• Discuss the history and current use of the technology in healthcare.
• Describe three goals of this technology’s implementation.
c. Impact on Healthcare and Nursing – 40 points/16%
• Discuss impact on professional nursing practice related to:
o Patient safety
o Quality of care measures/monitoring
o Risk management
o Privacy, confidentiality, and security of patient data
o Effect on population within the region
o Ethical practice
o Compliance with legal and regulatory mandates
o Organizational infrastructure and operations
• Support discussions with examples & data from current evidence-based resources.
d. Three Advantages and Disadvantages – 40 points/16%
• Patient’s perspective (e.g., patient outcomes, safety, patient/family satisfaction)
• Nurse’s perspective (improves/hinders job efficiency/safety)
• Healthcare organization’s perspective (regulatory compliance, financial, etc.)
e. Controversy, Issues, Challenges, and Regulatory Implications – 30 points/14%
• How might issues surrounding the chosen technology be addressed/solved?
• Provide statistically significant data or evidence to support your findings.
f. Summary – 20 points/8%
• Key points
• Lessons learned by the team