At the doctoral level, writing is a continual process of revision as individuals improve skills and build subject matter expertise. This notion of writing, reflecting, and revising carries forward through the dissertation process to the publication of professional materials. In this assignment, you will reflect on the written work you submitted in Topic 3 and the feedback provided by the instructor to create a revised version of the “Origins and Development of Behavioral Psychology Paper.”
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- Instructors will be using a grading rubric to grade the assignments. It is recommended that learners review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment in order to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- Refer to Chapters 2-4 of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (6th ed.) for specific guidelines related to doctoral level writing. These chapters contain essential information on manuscript structure and content, clear and concise writing, and academic grammar and usage.
- This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included.
- You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.
Reflect on your writing and the instructor feedback from the “Origins and Development of Behavioral Psychology Paper” you submitted in Topic 3. What could you do to improve the academic quality of the content and the writing of the submitted paper? Using the feedback obtained from the “Origins and Development of Behavioral Psychology Paper,” revise and expand your paper. The revised paper should incorporate instructor feedback; clarify the thesis statement and solidify supporting arguments; edit for grammar, spelling, and punctuation; adjust word choice to display professional and scholarly language; and adjust sentence structure for improved readability. Add an additional 1,000-1,250 words. The paper will be assessed on the following elements:
- A revised and expanded overview of the origins and conceptual foundations of classical and operant conditioning that highlights the key theories, discoveries, and experiments.
- A revised and expanded analysis of how ABA developed from behavioral theory.
- A reflection (250-300 words) that provides a bulleted list of the changes you made to the paper and discusses your revision process including how you incorporated your instructor’s feedback into the revised version. Similar to an abstract, this section will receive its own page following the title page and preceding the introduction to the paper.