Developing an Employer Survey
Review the following lecture:
- Employer Involvement in Assessment
Employers are increasingly present in student assessment processes and serve roles from providing insights into knowledge and skills needed for a particular profession to critiquing assignments. This week, you will research the business industry and create an employer survey of skill needs (European Centre for the Development of Vocational Training, 2013). The intent of the survey will be to reduce skill gaps between what your students possess and what their employers will demand.
- Using Annex 1 in the attached resource User Guide to Developing an Employer Survey on Skill Needs as a guide, create an employer survey (minimum of 20 questions) addressing the following points:
- Background questions (5 questions)
- Generic skills use (5 questions)
- Occupation-specific tasks and skills (5 questions)
- Drivers of changing the tasks (5 questions)
- Provide a 1-paragraph explanation justifying your choice of questions based on current literature and experience.
European Centre for the Development of Vocational Training. (2013). User guide to developing an employer survey on skill needs. Retrieved from http://www.cedefop.europa.eu/en/publications-and-resources/publications/5535
- Use APA format and style for your paper.
- Complete your analysis in a 3- to 4-page Microsoft Word document.
- Name the document SU_INS7205_W4_A2_LastName_FirstInitial.doc.