Write a 6–8 page analysis of the security factors which make up a secure remote access infrastructure.
Complete the following:
- Describe the configuration options and relationship between VPNs and firewalls.
- Explain the security implications of network design concepts including:
- Least astonishment.
- Fail-safe defaults/fail-secure.
- Minimization (of implementation).
- Minimization of attack surface and exposure.
- Describe the appropriate use of a firewall, including what it can and cannot do.
- Describe common firewall configurations.
- Evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of software and hardware firewalls.
- Analyze the risks associated with remote access.