Topic: Freedom and Personhood
This course utilizes the Post-First feature in all Discussion Board Forums. This means you will only be able to read and interact with your classmates’ threads after you have submitted your thread in response to the provided prompt. For additional information on Post-First, click here for a tutorial.
In order to complete this assignment, you need to first:
- read “Free Will Is Still Alive” by Carlo Filice
- read “Freedom and Determinism,” chapter 10 of Dew & Gould
- read “Minds, Bodies, and Human Persons,” chapter 11 of Dew & Gould
If you have not done so, stop now to view and read that material.
For your thread, compare the three items by addressing all of the following questions:
- Which single challenge to free will is strongest in your view? (Give your reasons.)
- Which single defense of free will is strongest in your view? (Give your reasons.)
- Is free will an essential attribute of human personhood? (Give your reasons.)
Your thread should demonstrate that you have reviewed all three items, in a minimum of 350 words.