Imagine that you currently are a professional working in your career field. Your supervisor has noted you have strong reading comprehension and writing skills and has asked that you assist your coworkers who are struggling with these important skills. She has asked you to write a company newsletter to an audience of your co-workers, to define what effective writing is and to demonstrate to them how modeling their writing after the effective writing of others can improve their skills and help them to become even more effective team members.
Locate and analyze an effectively written, online article from a professional organization that you think demonstrates effective writing skills. Define for your coworkers what effective writing is. Share with your coworkers at least three effective writing strategies the author of the sample article uses in the article, and explain how applying these strategies from the article can help your coworkers, as professionals, to ensure the documents they write are also effective.
Your company newsletter should be 5-6 well-developed paragraphs in length, around 2 full double spaced pages, excluding the title page and References page. Will need to have a reference or citations list Thank you in advance
Be sure that you do the following:
- Proper notification of any resubmission, repurposing, or reworking of prior work per the Purdue Global Student Coursework Resubmission, Repurposing, and Reworking Policy Resource.
- Define effective writing
- Identify the article’s author, title, and publication information.
- Apply reading comprehension strategies to correctly identify the article’s intended audience, purpose, and main point
- Analyze at least three writing strategies the author uses to develop the article’s main point
- Explain what the author does to effectively convey ideas for his or her audience and for his or her purpose.
- Explain to your coworkers how they might model their own writing after what this author does in the article so that they, too, can be more effective writers.
- Be sure that your document is organized, edited, and professional in tone. If you use any sources to support your claims about reading and effectiveness in writing, give appropriate credit to the sources both in-text and in a References page. Be sure to apply APA formatting and citations requirements.