Choose a topic, from your textbook, relevant to Personality Psychology (if it is not in your textbook make sure to get instructor approval, early).
In 2,000-2,500-words develop a position paper in which you:
- Relate your chosen topic to personality development.
- You must have a well-developed thesis and strong argumentation to support your thesis.
- Your paper should be steeped in research with little filler or non-supported conclusions.
- Use of first person is not allowed.
- Your paper must conform to APA writing standards including the use of APA formatted in-text citations from research and credible sources on the Internet to support your position.
- Your paper must include eight to ten scholarly sources. About.com, SimplyPsychology, VeryWellMind, and Wikipedia are not considered scholarly sources.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.
This benchmark assignment assesses the following programmatic competency.
BS Psychology, No Emphasis
BS Psychology, Emphasis in Performance and Sport Psychology
1.2 Apply theoretical perspectives in psychology.