Week 3 Assignment – Case Study 1: Information Security and the National Infrastructure
Read the Infosecurity Magazine article, Using Information Security to Protect Critical National Infrastructure: Energy Sector is Hackers’ Biggest Target.
Write a 2–4 page paper in which you:
- Explain in your own words the information security concerns that exist in protecting the United States’ national infrastructure.
- Describe why the author of the article says that the oil and gas industries are prime targets for cyber criminals—more so than other infrastructures—and state whether or not you agree and why.
- Conclude why there is a need to regulate SCADA and industrial control systems and why there is concern that this is not being dealt with appropriately.
- Using the Strayer library or the Internet, find an article that either supports the need for regulating SCADA or that discusses a recent attack. Discuss how this article validates the need for tighter controls.
- Use the Strayer Online Library or the Internet to locate at least three quality resources for use in this assignment.