Students will research about Costa Rica. The end goal is to develop a proposal to present to the Finance Minister or Economic Development Minister of the selected country that outlines:
- What industry (or industries) to target with microfinance or any other governmental small business assistance programs.
- What training or skills citizens will need in order to start their own businesses in the target industry/industries.
- What organization, or organizations, will oversee the training and finance, and why are they the best organization(s) to carry out these aspects?
- What the government of the selected country can do to help further foster economic development.
- What barriers need to be overcome to spur entrepreneurship, economic activity, and the financial process.
- What will be the overall economic, social, and cultural impacts if the country accepts the proposal?
The Poverty Alleviation Project is to be 5-7 pages in length, written in APA format, and must have at least 5 sources utilized.