12 hours or less please
The increasing multicultural and global environments where you live, go to school, and work creates communication challenges which need to be understood. How you describe yourself and the groups that you identify with is a significant aspect of understanding intercultural communication, since you may not belong to just one cultural group. It is also important to note that culture is not just a racial or ethnic designation.
For this assignment, consider how multiculturalism and diversity impact various aspects of your life and specifically, how you communicate with others. Even though you may not interact with other cultures on an international level, you will likely interact with people from a variety of cultural backgrounds in your daily life.
You will write a 3–4 page expository essay focusing on the co-cultures with which you identify, explaining how these cultural groups influence your communication with those within your co-cultures and those who may be outside of your co-cultures.
Be sure to address the following in your essay:
- List the co-cultures you identify with and would use to describe yourself.
- Explain which co-culture is the dominant one; the one you would use to describe yourself the most.
- Explain why you would or would not be comfortable limiting yourself to one co-culture as a description.
- Explain how these co-cultures might influence your communication within those co-cultures and those outside of your co-cultures.
- Explain the value of understanding multicultural and global environments in regard to being an effective communicator.
Support your essay with a minimum of two scholarly sources. Once source can be your textbook. Include a separate title and reference page.
Your written work should be highly developed and include a sustained viewpoint and purpose.
- Before finalizing your work, you should:
- be sure to read the Assignment description carefully (as displayed above);
- consult the Grading Rubric (under the Course Resources) to make sure you have included everything necessary; and
- use spelling and grammar check to minimize errors.
Your writing Assignment should:
- follow the conventions of Standard English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.);
- be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful;
- display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics;
- be double spaced and in 12-point Times New Roman font; and
- use current APA formatting and citation style.