1. How does the idea of assimilationism become important?
2. Discuss the title of the play. How does it relate to the dreams of each of the characters?
3. Think about the role of money in the play. How does it affect different characters?
4. How do power and authority change hands over the course of the play?
5. Discuss how minor characters such as George Murchison, Willy Harris, and Mr. Lindner represent the ideas against which the main characters react.
6. What sort of statement does Hansberry seem to be making about race? Does she make more than one statement? If so, do these statements conflict with each other?
3 scholarly sources including the story