The discussion assignment provides a forum for discussing topics relevant to this week’s course competencies.
For this assignment, make sure you post your initial responses to the Discussion Area by the due date assigned. To support your work, use your course and text readings and also use the South University Online Library. As in all assignments, cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format.
Start reviewing and responding to the postings of your classmates as early in the week as possible. Respond to at least two of your classmates’ initial postings. Participate in the discussion by asking a question, providing a statement of clarification, providing a point of view with a rationale, challenging an aspect of the discussion, or indicating a relationship between two or more lines of reasoning in the discussion. Cite sources in your responses to your classmates. Complete your participation for this assignment by the end of the week.
Review the following resource:
From the bullet point list below, select one topic for which you will lead the discussion in the forum this week. Early in the week, reserve your selected topic by posting your response (reservation post) to the Discussion Area and identifying your topic in the subject line:
- Discuss the conceptual framework of PCA? What is its objective?
- Distinguish between PCA and FA using examples.
- Create a business example for the application of PCA. Justify why you think it is appropriate for your example.
- What are principal component scores? How are they used in data analysis?
- What is meant by a latent variable? Provide an example.
As the beginning of a scholarly conversation, your initial post should be:
- Succinct—No more than 500 words.
- Provocative—Use concepts and combinations of concepts from the readings to propose relationships, causes, and/or consequences that inspire others to engage (inquire, learn). In other words, take a scholarly stand.