For the discussion this week, conduct research on the topic you have been working with since Unit 2. Then, in a well-developed initial post, include the following:
- A description of your research process
- Three APA reference entries, each for a credible source related to your topic
- Beneath each reference entry, include an annotation of the source
Finally, select one of the sources and provide a full evaluation of it in terms of the CRAAP criteria. That is, explain its currency, its relevance, its authority, its accuracy, and its purpose.
The three sources you select may be used, if you wish, in your final annotated bibliography that is due at the end of the unit.
Please be sure to validate your opinions and ideas with citations and references in APA format.
Evaluation Title: The Annotated Bibliography
By now you have established a topic, formulated research questions, crafted a thesis statement, and identified possible search terms and useful databases for your research.
Now you will be putting all those parts of the process together as you create an annotated bibliography of sources related to your topic. An annotated bibliography provides a list of references in APA style along with a summary of key points in each article related to your focus on the topic. Creating an annotated bibliography is excellent preparation for writing a research paper. Once a student has completed one, they have a much better understanding of the different ideas, viewpoints, and policies that are involved with their topic. This helps the student write the essay with authority and confidence.
For the annotated bibliography:
- Locate 6 sources that are related to your topic, then create an APA reference for each one.
- Under each reference entry, write a short annotation that summarizes the source, includes information regarding its credibility, and shares how it relates to your topic. You will do this for all 6 sources.
- Provide a title page in APA format
Review the sample below for guidance with specific formatting expectations, as well as models of annotations. Notice that this sample annotated bibliography starts with a correctly formatted title page.