Establishing Goals and Strategies
For your course project, you will create a basic guidance plan for a child named Jana. In each module you will be provided new information on Jana. For this assignment, use your critical thinking skills and knowledge learned in this course to identify short – term and long – term goals and developmentally appropriate strategies you can implement that would help support and guide Jana in learning new ways to manage behavior.
Download template, Establishing Goals & Strategies Template. You will use this template to complete the rest of the assignment.
- Identify what needs Jana might not be getting. Why?
- Discuss which areas of PILES does Jana need support in? How would you know?
- Identify two (2) long – term goals for Jana and why you chose them.
- Identify two (2) short – term goals for meeting each long – term goal you have chosen.
- Describe three (3) developmentally appropriate strategies you can implement that would help Jana meet the long-term goals you have identified for her.
Incorporate at least two (2) credible resources to support your answers.